Monday, June 26, 2006

JUST ABOUT DEAD

"When I leave from hence let this be my parting word that what I have seen is unsurpassable.I have tasted of the hidden honey of this lotus yonder that expands on the ocean of light and thus am I blessed,let this be my parting word.In this playhouse of infinite forms I have had my play and here have I caught sight of him that eludes all forms.All my living body and limbs have thrilled with his touch who is beyond touch-and if the end comes here let it come-let this be my parting word."

When the streams of ideals that flow from the east & from the west mingle their murmur in some profound harmony of meaning,it delights my soul -the religion of man.

-Rabindranath Tagore


2 comments:

Vivek said...

Felt you may like this one.

Soon, I feel
the time comes near to leave.
With sunset shadings
screen the parting day.
Let the hour be silent; let it be peaceful.
Let not any pompous memories or meetings
create a sorrow's stance.
May the trees at the gate
raise the earth's chant of peace
in a cluster of green leaves.
May the night's blessings be
in the light of the seven stars.

(From Arogya, translation: Amiya Chakravarty)

all day long i think of things.. said...

*stunned silence*